The Loire valley region is well known for cycling roads along the Loire, you will find as well many museums to visit and the most prestigious and famous castles in France.
Here are some castles not to be missed
- Angers: this castle dominate the city on its rocky promontory.
- Montsoreau: The only castle in the region built on the banks of the Loire
- Montreuil-Bellay: “A mixture of feisty feudalism and Renaissance elegance…”
- Brézé: A castle with the biggest underground in Europe.
- Ussé: the fairy tale castle in the Loire Valley.
- Gizeux: Dress-up guided tour for children every day.
- Langeais: Provides a perfect example of a late medieval castle.
- Villandry: Renowned for the harmony of its architecture and its gardens.
- Azay-le-Rideau: Honoré de Balzac said it was like “a faceted diamond set in the Indre”.
- Amboise: architectural jewel of the Renaissance, dips its majestic silhouette into the Loire.